- Skye and Liza started writing it over Facebook Messenger before moving it to Google docs
- They did not plot it out before writing it (something that makes Liza VERY nervous, to the point where she turned into a clingy girlfriend and messaged Skye constantly with questions)
- Lysander’s name was Tyler until a third into writing the manuscript
- The legend of the Lorelei is a real legend, originating in Germany, and you can visit the statue
- While talking about the untitled work-in-progress, Liza called it “the Skyza book”
- The book was finished before they realized Avery didn’t have a last name. Liza picked Bennett because she’s a Pride & Prejudice fan
- Charles was half elf before Skye and Liza decided he should be half faerie lord
- Keira Blackwood, another paranormal romance author (and Liza’s other coauthor) designed the cover
- The “real” Song of Blood (lyrics to the tune of “My Favorite Things” that Liza wrote after reading one of Skye’s battle scenes) was a random comment Liza threw into the margin of the manuscript as a joke
- Skye wrote the German words that Avery sings to heal Tasha
- A placeholder title on their Google doc read “Avery’s Epic Vandemic Tale”
- While writing and editing, Liza and Skye teased each other constantly about British English vs. American English
I’m so excited because a new book came out on Saturday and it is extremely fun!
My friend Skye MacKinnon and I teamed up to write a reverse harem series featuring a siren and the three hotties who fall for her. It’s a post-apocalyptic paranormal setting, full of adventure and steam.
The origin story of this novel is one of my favorite parts about it! While Skye and I were messaging on Facebook back in April, feeling sad about the pandemic and having to shelter in place, Skye sent me an intriguing paragraph about a girl trying to find toilet paper at the store during a “Vandemic”–a vampire apocalypse.
I messaged back, continuing the story, and we went on like that for days before realizing we had a novel in the works. 🙂